1.  How much do Adult High School Programs cost? 
  • All courses are free to students of cooperating towns, (Suffield, Somers, Enfield and Granby) who are no longer enrolled in school. 

2.  How long will completing the Adult High School Program take?

  • The length of the program depends on the number of credits completed prior to starting the program and the number of courses completed each term.  It is recommended that you see a counselor to develop an individual learning plan. 

3.  How many courses must I take each term?

  • Students may choose to take one or more courses, however, they are encouraged to balance their schedule carefully with work, family and other commitments. 

4.  I have 20 credits.  Am I eligible to graduate? 

  • Two credits must be earned with Enfield Adult Education and students must meet proficiency/competency requirements. 

5.  Are independent study courses available? 

  • Yes.  Students must meet with the counselor to determine eligibility and requirements. 

6.  When are classes offered? 

  • Fall and Winter/Spring classroom sessions are held and last a 10 week term. 
  • Online classes consist of five ongoing terms each year. 

7.  Are they semester based?

  • Both programs have year-round efficiency.  See the GED-Diploma Page on this website for further scheduling information. 
  • Review your situation with the Adult Education Director or Counselor  and strategize to see when the best time is for you to enter the program. 
  • Online classes are year-round, five terms each year. 

8.  Can I get work credit? 

  • Yes.  You can also get credit for approved training programs, i.e., EMT, licensing and home management.